2013 Coto Doñana Vagabond
I ordered this bike in 2013 to replace a Terry Classic. Before buying the Classic, I had briefly ridden a fairly high-end road bike that did not properly fit me and caused lower back pain. My effort to find a bike with the correct geometry led me to Terry and although I bought the Classic off-the-shelf, so to speak, it fit me so well that I never suffered again!
I loved the Classic and rode many miles on it. It carried me through a number of supported tours and when I decided to replace it in 2013, there was never a thought of replacing it with anything other than another Terry.
This Vagabond is a dream. It rides beautifully and its components are top-notch. It also has less than 500 miles on it because when I retired at the end of 2015 and started solo-touring in far-flung places, I acquired a bike that could travel in a suitcase. Meanwhile, the Vagabond sat idle. I have since logged more than 10,000 miles abroad and look forward to doing more. Being self-supported on the road for months-on-end hones one’s thinking about what one carries and what carries one. Finally, I am ready to acknowledge that my needs have again evolved and it’s time to find a new home for the Vagabond and replace it with a Coto Doñana Tour.
I expected the Vagabond to see me through the rest of my life. It could have for sure, but I expect the next owner will love it as much as I do.
The price of the bike is $2500 (saddle and pedals not included). For more information, please contact Deborah (email@example.com). The bike is located in Boston.
Please scroll down for photographs of the details of the bicycle.
About the bike:
Model – Coto Doñana Vagabond
- 16.5” seat tube measured center to center
- 28.6” standover height
- 20” horizontal top tube length
- 16.3” chain stay
- 71.5º head angle, 74º seat angle
- 1.8″ rake
- Waterford OS2 steel frame and fork with stainless dropouts
- full braze-ons for cables, bottle cages and rear rack
- English light blue finish with silver decals
- Shimano Ultegra triple crankset, 30-39-52
- Shimano Ultegra STI brake shift levers (reach adjustable)
- Shimano Ultegra front derailleur
- Shimano XT M772-SGS Shadow rear derailleur
- Shimano Ultegra 10-speed chain
- SRAM PG-1070 10-speed cassette, 11-32
- Avid Shorty Ultimate cantilever brakes
- 26″ (ISO 559) front and rear wheels
- Velocity wheelset
- Salsa Pro Road medium 38 cm handlebar
- Dimension 70 mm stem, 125º
- FSA Orbit headset, 1-1/8″ threadless