2002 Terry Titania Titanium 21.5″ Road Bicycle
This Terry Titania titanium road bike was built for a computer science professor in Durham, NC in 2002. It had been stored, unused for seven years in her garage, until it was donated to the ReCyclery NC (https://www.recyclery.org/), a Chapel Hill, NC-based 501(c)(3) non-profit community bike shop. The bike is being sold to raise funds for the shop. The asking price for this Shimano Dura-Ace equipped bicycle is $2000. All serious offers will be considered. The price includes shipping to the lower 48 states.
The Titania’s custom titanium frame was fabricated by Titus Titanium, and built to the Terry “Symmetry” spec, with a Profile BRC carbon fork. Overall, the bike is in excellent condition and is being sold as-is. Minor flaws to note: scuffed decals, small rust spots on the front derailleur and bottle cage bolts, and minor scuffing on the seat and shift/brake levers.
- Seat tube: 21.5”
- Standover: 31.7”
- Head Angle: 72 degrees
- Seat Angle: 73 degrees
- Top Tube: 21.5”
- BB Height: 10.5”
- Chainstay: 16.9”
- Rake: 2.1”
- Tire clearance: 25 mm
- 3Al/2.5V titanium frame tubes; 6Al/4V dropouts
- Weight: 19.2 lbs with pedals
- Headset: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Shifters: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700 (9×3)
- Shimano Dura-Ace 7700 Triple Crankset (170) 53/39/30
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700 mid-cage
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700 Triple
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700 9-speed, 12-25
- Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace 7700
- Wheels: 28-hole Dura-Ace hubs, laced to Velocity Aerohead rims with DT Swiss spokes (radial front and 2x rear)
- Stem: Nitto ~50 mm
- Bars: 3T Prima 199 (42cm)
- Seatpost: Thompson Elite
- Saddle: Avocet O2 with titanium rails
- Tires: Michelin IronMan, 23 x 650c
Interested parties are welcome to get in touch with the ReCyclery for additional information. If you’re local to Chapel Hill, you are welcome to meet us and take the bike for a test ride. Please get in touch by emailing: email@example.com attention David Schreiber.
Please scroll down for photos of the bike’s details.
About the ReCyclery NC
The ReCyclery NC (https://www.recyclery.org/) is a Chapel Hill, NC-based 501(c)(3) non-profit, whose mission is to encourage the use of bicycles for transportation and recreation. This mission is accomplished by:
- Refurbishing unused bicycles
- Teaching self-reliance through bicycle maintenance and repair
- Encouraging constructive community involvement
- Promoting bicycle safety
The ReCyclery relies on donations of bikes, bike parts and cash from a variety of sources. Interested donors and prospective volunteers are encouraged to visit the shop’s website or Patreon page to learn more and support the shop!